Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Crazy Times

Things have been ridiculously hard lately, and I wonder why I keep being so tired.

I go home from my dad's tomorrow.  I had to fly home frantically after being told my Grandma requested to have the feeding tube removed on her 94th birthday.  She has been declining since Christmas and rapidly in the last few weeks.  After a day of surprising phone calls on the 5th my step-mom gratefully asked if I wanted to come home, and I was able to at least come to see her.  I wrote a hasty email to school, searched for a flight for less than $500 and packed my stuff.  Drove to Orlando with Chris for him to begin his internship and hopefully a new beginning for us, one that doesn't involve Mississippi or leaving all my stuff, and was on a plane early Monday morning.  After a 12 hour drive, a 7 hour flight (in which I missed the first plane:thank you Orlando security and had to catch 2 stand by flights), 4 trips from SJC to the Valley and back, being 'encouraged' (told) to go to Disney, and the emotional shock of seeing my Grandma, I am exhausted and not looking forward to being thrust back to my daily shuffle.  Also I have extended house guests, 2 under the age of three, while Chris' sister's family gets things worked out.  I'm delighted that they have a place to go, to see the kids, and to have the puppy entertained, but it's going to be a bit of an adjustment to my normal pace of life.

Before that started student teaching, got robbed, got the flu, my fridge broke, got a new job, had crazy finals (surprise that one paper is 4 - 10 pages each!),  had Chaye for a visit, and moved all since November.

Waiting for school money... again.  Maybe I can finally pay all the people that need to be taken care of.  Need to make it to the bookstore to finally get that book.  Need to figure out what to do about the unit that I'm supposed to teach and everything that I am supposed to have totally put together.  Need to discuss everything that up and flying away for a week an a half interrupted, thankfully my contact at the university was understanding and I didn't totally screw up my chances of graduating.  But at least Chris is doing well and something seems to be some what figured out.

2 comments:

  1. Omg, are you back in Jackson already??

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I leave at 4pm and get in around midnight.

    ReplyDelete